Thursday, April 10, 2014

CHERRY AND BANANA SMOOTHIE


Since I'm on holiday at the moment I have being doing a lot of cooking. It's great to have time to play around in the kitchen. Today I went for a run for the first time in ages. I started the couch to 5K programme and I did 4K in 33 minutes. I'm happy with this as when i did the couch to 5K before i only ever manages about 3.5K. Hopefully doing the programme with help me improve my speed so i can do a longer distance in half an hour. When I got back from my run I had this smoothie.









INGREDIENTS
1 banana
1/2 cup of frozen cherries, blackberry, black currant and grape mix.
1 tablespoon of oats
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1/2 cup of coconut water
a handful of spinach (Trust me you won't taste the spinach at all it)

METHOD - I used a food processor but you could use a hand blender or a blender.
1. Put the spinach in and blitz it.
2. Now add the banana until it is a puree
3. Add the frozen berries and let them be blended in completely.
4. Now add the chia seeds and oats.
5. Add the coconut water and make sure its been blended in evenly.


ISSEY

No comments:

Post a Comment