Wednesday, October 23, 2013

COMPLETED - BOBBLE HAT





     I finished my bobble hat from Farmhouse Knits by Erica Knight. The book was written for the amy butler sweet harmony wool but when I was in london we went to liberty and I picked up the softest alpaca wool it was rowan alpaca chunky in wren. It is a similar thickness to the sweet harmony wool and I liked this hat pattern so I decided to make it. 
     I knitted in the round but used 5 needles instead of 4 because it made the pattern easier to do. The cabling wasn't bad either. Cabling in the round wasn't too difficult you just have to follow the pattern carefully. It didn't take long to knit either. The pattern specifies 2 balls of wool but I only used around a ball and a half. I think that is because I decided not to make the pom pom for the end of the hat.

Issey

No comments:

Post a Comment