Wednesday, March 26, 2014

MUSIC WEDNESDAY #2


Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
Always a reliable safety net. I will listen to it always and forever, I need this album at all moments in my life and was introduced to it at the age of 8. Biggest influence to me as a songwriter. I have constantly fallen back to it, most often than not accidentally.

A Real Hero - College and Electric Youth 
Non existent nostalgia surfaces from this. From the soundtrack to a great movie that I only said I hated to annoy the person I loved.


T. Rex - I Love To Boogie 
Reminds me of my mum dancing and sunny journeys in a stuffy sports car in France when I was nine.

Passion Pit - Carried Away 
Reminds me of someone I hold close to my heart but they should never be a singer!

HOFFMAESTRO - New Orleans 
Jazz influence is just perfect, also from the same special person who makes me dance no matter what, and reminds me of this on a daily basis.

Paul Simon - Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes 
Early days when I started to walk/dance.

Crystal Fighters - La Calling 
Accidental cliché but this brings memories of the train journey from La to Oceanside this summer watching the surfers at sunset.

Louis Vause - Melody
Will forever remind me of my dad. He exposed me to the wonders of jazz and boogie. It was the first time I ever saw him lost in music and the most relaxed I have ever seen him. He pursued a jazz pianist career through me that he never could follow. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for him begging me to play boogie woogie in front of his friends whenever they visited. I know I didn't want to thank you at all at the time but I thank you now, so much. 

Come on eileen- Dexy's Midnight Runners 
From the beginning: my second house, playing in the garden, stomping on the grass. Singing with my best friend in primary school jumping on her bed, her dad wondering how we knew it as we were far too young. Life on Mars. Guitar lessons with my awesome teacher aged 14. Screaming it and dancing madly with my friends nye 2013 (and drunkenly videoing it ). Dancing on my own last week when things just got too much. 



Bon Iver - Skinny Love 
The first time I heard my best friend and front man sing in summer '09. We started gigging straight away and had a fantastic 3 year run with an awesome group of people. We are both still best friends, he's one of the strongest people I know. 

GRACIE

No comments:

Post a Comment