Wednesday, June 18, 2014

MUSIC WEDNESDAYS #3



Need it - Half Moon Run 
Lost times with someone who I was very close to, in every way.


 The Dynamo of Volition - Jason Mraz
 Warm memories from a warm person .


Red - Daniel Merriweather
Being a teenager and screaming at the top of my lungs about unknown lost love.

No more "I love you's" - Annie Lennox
90s nostalgia in mums car, another belter


Moonshine - Bruno Mars
Bittersweet, harking back to MJ's days.


Snap out of it - Arctic Monkeys
Reminds me of one of my all time favourite people. One of my housemates morning routine is often accompanied by this with him screaming at the top of his lungs even though he cannot pitch a single note. I love that it's draws memories of wrong notes and pure passion. A very happy tune and coincidentally their latest single.


Always in my Head - Coldplay
A recent discovery and it's been on non stop more than once a day ever since. It represents a lot to me. Play it more than once, it's a grower. 

Inhaler - Foals
Just stick it on and run/dance around. I do. Wait for the end, it's the best bit. A reminder of a very muddy, emotional roller coaster but glorious summer weekend finishing my second year.

Money, Money, Money - ABBA
One of my favourites of theirs. Recently re watched Mamma Mia - the film and remembered that this is one of their best. It works upbeat or as a slowed down cover. Reminiscent of a French summer of year 9.


Jolene - Dolly Parton
The definition of a 'classic', whenever I hear it it always pulls at my heart strings. So simple but so powerful. 

GRACIE

No comments:

Post a Comment