Friday, May 30, 2014

"CHICKEN" NOODLE SOUP

I'll have to admit this doesn't look very appetising but I was ill and everyone has chicken noodle soup when they are ill. So decided to make my own (vegetarian) version. I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, I'm just tired out. This soup cleared my blocked nose pretty quickly which was good. I recommend it to anyone who is ill or is feeling lazy.

INGREDIENTS

1 clove of garlic , mixed
1 tsp of minced ginger
3 tsp of lemon juice
500ml vegetable stock or boullion
1 quorn fillet 
50g sweetcorn
40g of noodles (i used skinny soba women noodles)
3 drops of tabasco (optional)

1. Bring the stock to a boil, add the garlic, ginger and lemon juice and let it simmer for 1 minute.
2. Defrost and chop your quern fillet into strips add to the stock and let it boil for 5 minutes.
3. In the meantime cook your noodles in a separate pot for the designated time.
4. Add the sweetcorn and let it boil for 2 minutes
5, Add the noodles to the stock and let them heat through for a minute or so then take your soup off of the heat and eat it. Add a few drops of tabasco if your brave or ill as it helps clear the airways.

ISSEY 


No comments:

Post a Comment