Saturday, February 22, 2014

BAUKE KNOTTNERUS


     For my art project weave my focus has been on knitting and recently i have been doing some relatively large knitting with rope. I use pipes and try to guess a tension. It's very fun but can be a little more challenging than traditional knitting as sometimes you feel like you're fighting against the materials.
     I first saw Bauke Knottnerus' Phat Knits on pintrest and i thought that it was very cool but it was before i was doing my art project. I was intrigued to see how these even larger pieces of knitting were created and sure enough i found a video online. It's interesting to see two men wrestle with the fibres. I couldn't find out what the knitting is actually made of. If any of you know then I'd love to hear what it is. I like the distorted proportions of his work and the smoothness of the fibre that he knits with. Enough of me talking here are some pictures that i found on his website.

ISSEY




No comments:

Post a Comment